Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Fairy Tales

"Once upon a time...."

We are finally back from Christmas break! This week we are learning all about fairy tales. We have found that fairy tales are stories we have all heard since we were little. We found several characteristics today while reading "Mei Ping" a Chinese Cinderella story. So here is our question for you...

1. What characteristics have you discovered about fairy tales?

2. What fairy tales have you heard?

3. Why does the character of most fairy tales find friendship with talking animals? 

 

We hope you find a wonderful fairy tale to share with our class! 

 

-Ms. Race's class

4 comments:

  1. When I was a child my favorite fairy tale was Cinderella. I dressed up my Barbie dolls to be the characters in the story. I even made raggedy clothes for Cinderella to wear.

    As an adult I have found that there are "Cinderella stories" from many different countries and cultures. Some of my favorites are Adelita, a Mexican Cinderella story and Cindy Ellen, a Wild Western Cinderella.
    Mrs. Scheible

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite fairytale is the Chinese Cinderella Mei ping and the silver shoe.

    Avie Reams

    ReplyDelete
  3. chloe my favorite fary tale when i was little was little red ridding hood that book is really good

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many good fairy tales out there! We love reading about your favorite fairy tales.

    ReplyDelete